What Is Emerge Recovery TX?
Emerge Recovery TX is a trauma-focused, mental health and substance use therapeutic program that includes both an intensive outpatient program (IOP) and outpatient program (OP).
We typically advise clients to receive services at Emerge Recovery TX for a smooth transition on their recovery journey from a residential facility to independent aftercare.
The aftercare programming at Emerge Recovery supports women in developing skills and building autonomy as they learn to rely less on clinical support to live an independent healthy life.
Programs at Emerge Recovery TX
Emerge Recovery TX offers a wide range of services to support clients in shifting their thinking, finding coping strategies, and building life skills. Additionally, Emerge’s IOP and OP services assist women in taking the things they have learned in treatment and applying them to their lives in real time.
After being at an inpatient facility or residential treatment program, it can feel scary to transition from around-the-clock care to a higher level of independence and less clinical support. Therefore, Outpatient services can assist with this shift, helping to integrate new tools and skills into a sober lifestyle, while still maintaining a supportive level of guidance and accountability.
- Individual therapy and counseling
- Focus on treatment problems
- Outline goals
- Work on accomplishing goals
- Group therapy and process groups
- Utilize group curriculum
- Curriculum from evidence-based treatment methods
- Educational groups
- Lecture format
- Question and answer format
- General sharing format
- May include handouts and writing assignments
- Trauma-informed yoga
- Series of asanas (postures)
- Mantras (chants)
- Promotes relaxation, mindfulness, and body awareness
- Family therapy
- Encourages participation from important people in the client’s life
- Sessions may occur in person, via video, or over the phone
- Build coping skills
- Learn life skills
- Foster interpersonal relationships
- Relapse prevention
- Weekly monitoring
- Drug and alcohol monitoring
- Testing frequency based on the individual needs and experiences of each client
- 12-Step facilitation therapy
- Build a connection between clinical and 12-Step perspective to support clients’ specific needs
To learn more about our programs at Emerge Recovery TX, visit our Contact page.
Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Treated at Emerge Recovery TX
At Emerge Recovery TX, we support women as they recover from trauma, substance use disorder, (SUD) and co-occurring mental health conditions. Through our outpatient aftercare services, clients learn to change the thinking and behavior patterns that have contributed to their substance use or mental health disorders.
Mental Health Disorders
Some of the mental health disorders we treat include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Histrionic personality disorder (HPD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Dysthymic disorder or persistent depressive disorder (PDD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
Mental Health Treatments
Emerge Recovery TX supports clients on the recovery journey through a wide range of treatment and holistic modalities based on clients’ specific needs.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Art therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Somatic experiencing
- Sound bath therapy
SUDs Treated at Emerge Recovery TX
Some of the SUDs treated at Emerge include:
To learn more about Emerge Recovery TX and the disorders we treat, visit our Resources page.
What Is Aftercare?
Aftercare is a stage of treatment in the continuing care or continuum of care that typically follows a more intensive level of care and support at a facility. Researchers have found that aftercare can provide more positive treatment outcomes for clients.
Moreover, the resources, support, and aftercare typically offered by an OP provides clients with the necessary connection and engagement to achieve and sustain long-term recovery.
Aftercare is an important component in the recovery process. Recovery is unique to each individual, and the journey can look different based on a persons unique needs and desires.
Aftercare works best as a collaborative support system that moves and bends with the client as they work with their support team to find the path that makes the most sense for them and the their longterm goals.
How Can Aftercare at Emerge Recovery TX Help My Recovery?
At Emerge Recovery TX, our ideology is based on evidence that speaks to the power of outpatient services as an integral part of the recovery process. Our outpatient services support clients with a variety of treatment methods, including:
- Individual and group therapy
- Social skills
- Healthy life skills
- Additional support groups
- Practicing learned lessons in a supportive environment
At Emerge Recovery, we believe supporting the whole person in body, mind, and spirit is a vital part of the recovery process. Our aftercare program provides clients with care for every aspect of life through each stage of the recovery process.
The Emerge program is designed to introduce women to a support network dedicated to helping them develop the necessary healthy coping strategies and life skills for leading an independent, principled life.
This continued support is a key factor in recovery.
Aftercare provides an environment for longer engagement in services that encourage motivation and commitment to leading a healthy lifestyle after substance abuse. Research suggests that keeping clients engaged in their wellness and growth can produce more consistently positive outcomes, and has shown to be beneficial for clients at a higher risk of relapse.
What Can I Learn in Aftercare?
- Life skills
- Coping strategies
- Changing thinking and behavior patterns
- Building healthy boundaries and relationships
Our sister center, Emerge Recovery TX, can support you in building skills to help you live a healthier, independent life in long-term recovery. At Grace & Emerge Recovery TX, we are committed to helping you build connections, find joy, and gain fulfillment in a life you are excited to live. Call (737) 237-9663 to find out how we can support you on your recovery journey.